“Islamic Rulings on medicine” is an exclusive course entitled to Muslim medical professionals and academics, rendering a thorough conceptual introduction in the discipline of medical fiqh and its correlation with Islamic morality. With this concept, students will be able to approach medical ethical difficulties and doubts in a pragmatic, practical, and theological way. The course will encompass the arena of Usool Al-Fiqh, principles of Islamic theology, epistemology related to contemporary medicine, meanwhile facilitating its application in the discourse of current medical issues.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To interpret the Islamic rulings and ethical framework in the view of modern-day medical cases.
- To obtain a comprehensive concept of Islamic medical ethics and rulings concerned.
- To comprehend the fundamentals of Islamic Jurisprudence (Usool Al-Fiqh) as the foundation of medical practice.
- To Address the Islamic ethical set-up bridged by the doctrinal narrative of Islamic theology
- To construct a dynamic platform for Muslim medical practitioners and scholars to layout solutions for probable future medical issues.