Islamic Rulings on Medicine
About CourseThe course intends to put light on the most prevalent and prominent medical issues with a theoretical and practical approach. These issues reflects on the basic queries pertaining to medical care and affiliated sectors on the present note.
“Islamic Rulings on medicine” is an exclusive course entitled to Muslim medical professionals and academics, rendering a thorough conceptual introduction in the discipline of medical fiqh and its correlation with Islamic morality. With this concept, students will be able to approach medical ethical difficulties and doubts in a pragmatic, practical, and theological way. The course will encompass the arena of Usool Al-Fiqh, principles of Islamic theology, epistemology related to contemporary medicine, meanwhile facilitating its application in the discourse of current medical issues.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To interpret the Islamic rulings and ethical framework in the view of modern-day medical cases.
- To obtain a comprehensive concept of Islamic medical ethics and rulings concerned.
- To comprehend the fundamentals of Islamic Jurisprudence (Usool Al-Fiqh) as the foundation of medical practice.
- To Address the Islamic ethical set-up bridged by the doctrinal narrative of Islamic theology
- To construct a dynamic platform for Muslim medical practitioners and scholars to layout solutions for probable future medical issues.
What Will I Learn?
- Students will be able to acquire a thorough understanding, conception, and applied skills of Islamic medical ethics.
- Students will be able to perceive the knowledge of Islamic Jurisprudence and rulings relating to modern-day medicine.
- Students will be able to involve in rational and moral reasoning of medical ethical issues.
- Students will be able to counsel and guide patients about Islamic rulings concerning current clinical cases.
- Students will be able to implement the Islamic principles in the sphere of contemporary medicine.